Doing my best to be true to myself.

25 July 2008

Mérida Tercera Semana - Part Three

120+ bites

The next day, Lauren and Maia hit the beach but I stayed home because I had some pretty horrendous mosquito bites that I didn't think should be exposed too much to the sun and the sand. Instead, I had a lazy day of reading and movies. There was a huge storm with thunder and lightning. The streets filled to the curbs like rivers – a perfect day to stay inside and relax. We had pizza (!!!) for dinner and then Maia, Christián the director, our new friend Abraham (who runs several bakeries with very delicious treats) and his girlfriend went to VIP movies to see Hancock.

On Sunday, I went with Abraham and Christián to the sea and we spent the day on their friends' yacht. The couple who owns the boat, Efraín and Jimena, is great. He has a bunch of gas stations (30?) all around México and she owns a Crabtree & Evelyn in one of the main malls there. We met up with some of their friends and spent the day on the water. It was beautiful but the water was so warm it was almost uncomfortable; we were only in it for 20 minutes or less - with the exception of some excellent tubing. Afterwards, we all went to dinner at a restaurant along the way home and I had quite possibly the best guacamole I've ever tasted. Honestly, I am still dreaming about that guacamole.

Christian and Me Jimena and Me

No comments: