Doing my best to be true to myself.

29 January 2009

An Extra Two Years?!?!

J-Rod's gchat status today was a blog link.  Per usual, while at work and needing a brief mental break from my color-coded tracker, I checked it out.

Now, I don't have any experience dating a "finance guy" but Jack is an insurance underwriter and, let me tell you, they can schmooze, spend lavishly, and silently suffer with the best of the FBFs.  While I think some (okay, nearly all) of the stuff on this blog is ridiculously indulgent whining, it's incredibly hilarious. 

Chuckling through the sob stories, I came across the following pronouncement while reading 'Lauren's':
This recession just bought everyone an extra two years of the single life.  SAVOR IT. 

Holy moly.  I nearly hyperventilated in my chair.  Granted, she was talking to the DABAs (admittedly, not me). And she herself is a DABA (I repeat, not me).  But still... that is not an additional delay I am comfortable with.

Although I am capable of savoring.

No comments: