Doing my best to be true to myself.

17 January 2009

TOTGA

Ahh, the one that got away. 

Such a popular phrase.  We've all heard it at some point or another - from a variety of sources - in heartfelt earnest - or in clichéd dramatic angst.  But until now, while I've understood its meaning, I've never lamented over TOTGA. 

If you are a mature, moderately analytical person,  remembrances of TOTGA don't necessarily make you sad.  For me, personal disappointment permeates around thoughts of TOTGA.  Knowing that I should have, could have, done better by him. 

Poor Cobes.  Well, not really... because he's fine.  In fact, he seems to be great.  Which is what I wish for him.  And oddly enough, his success makes me proud.  Although I have no right to be ... as I have had little to no influence in the realization of these successes, but still... I'm proud of him.

I realized, our history is special - in spite of how badly I may have messed things up and hurt him.  Well, special to me.  Probably not so much to him.  Hmm ... maybe good for him that he got away.  However, I know that I will always be here for him.  I don't know what Cobes could ever possibly need from me, but if he knocked at my door, there is nothing I wouldn't do to help him.

I'm going to say that's what TOTGA should be about.

No comments: